The primary purpose of the Pandemic Preparedness Plan is to enable Accutemp Engineering, Inc. to respond safely, effectively, and efficiently to a pandemic. Accutemp Engineering, Inc.’s objectives during a pandemic are the following:
- Reduce transmission of the pandemic virus strain among our employees, customers/clients, and partners.
- Minimize illness among employees and customers/clients.
- Maintain essential operations and services.
- Minimize social disruptions and the economic impact of a pandemic.
- Monitor issues and information related to pandemics to keep our plan up to date.
- Recommend any changes to the plan as circumstances warrant.
- Conduct employee training.
- Communicate with public health agencies, emergency responders and others regarding our plan, and understand their capabilities should an outbreak occur.
- Attend external training/seminars about pandemic outbreaks in order to remain current about the pandemic threat in our community.
- Implement this plan should it become necessary.
Accutemp Engineering, Inc. will conduct periodic training on the following:
- prevention of illness,
- initial disease symptoms,
- preventing the spread of the disease,
- when it is appropriate to return to work after illness
- company policies
- Handshaking is prohibited.
- All workers must wear gloves.
- Eye protection is strongly recommended.
- If social distancing is not possible, workers will be provided with PPE such as respiratory protection, gloves and eye protection.
- Wash hands often with soap and water, or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Each jobsite will have laminated COVID-19 safety guidelines and handwashing instructions.
- Cleaning and decontamination procedures will be posted and shared. All offices, common areas, meeting areas, portable and fixed toilet locations, trailers gates, handrails, door knobs, equipment and vehicles shall be cleaned daily, preferably twice a day.
- Any time you enter a vehicle, clean it thoroughly.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed to the maximum extent feasible. For tasks where employees need to work within 6′ of each other, PPE to prevent disease transmission (face mask, gloves, and eye protection) shall be worn.
- Access to field office/job trailers is restricted to authorized personnel.
- All meetings must be held by conference call, cell phone calls or web meeting if possible. In-person crew meetings and toolbox talks must be held with no more than 10 personnel at a time, preferably outdoors and social distancing requirements (6′ clearance) shall be followed.
- Avoid face-to-face meetings, if the situation is critical, those present must utilize the social distancing policy of 6 feet.
- Crews should try to keep 6 feet apart.
- At each job briefing/toolbox talk, ensure that each worker is asked if they are experiencing any symptoms. If they are, they should be sent home immediately.
- All toilet locations, including those that are portable, should be cleaned and provided with soap, hand sanitizer and paper towels, as is practical.
- Instruct workers not to share food, nor share eating or drinking utensils.
- Please maintain Social Distancing at break times, lunch times, and before and after work.
- Cover coughing with a tissue or cough into your elbow.
- Always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth with your hands.
- If you or a family member is ill, STAY HOME!!
For additional information, see: